The holiday season is upon us again. Where did the year go? At Northeast Orthodontic Specialists we would like to share some stocking stuffer ideas to consider for patients of all ages wearing braces. Instead of candy and sweets that can bend wires and knock off brackets during holiday festivities, give something more suitable to make your season bright.
Stocking Stuffer Ideas
- Colgate Wisps for those on the go. Wisps are disposable mini-toothbrushes with a breath-freshening bead that allows you to have a clean, fresh mouth without water or rinsing.
- Playing cards and card games
- Fun pens, markers, and note paper
- Comic books, puzzle books, or magazines
- For the ladies – Festive nail polish, or for teens and adults, the latest in jamberry nail or Incoco nail design wraps that are easy to apply, don’t chip easily, and last up to two weeks!
- Cash or prepaid debit card
- Movie or concert tickets
- Scratch off lottery tickets.
- Super Snow for the kids no matter what age.
- Gift cards
- Fun Express Inflatable Reindeer Antler Ring Toss Game
- Hog Wild Holiday Reindeer Popper
- For the kids; include a letter from Santa thanking them for avoiding the hard and sticky foods they love so much throughout the year that damage braces and create extra trips to the orthodontist you like to avoid.
Having “ugly” teeth may significantly contribute to the problem of bullying, according to a recent study published in the American Journal of Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics. According to the study, teeth were the No. 1-targeted physical feature to increase a child’s chance of being bullied, followed by the child’s strength and weight.
Do you think Tom Cruise was a victim of teasing and bullying as a kid that created his tough guy attitude he projects today? He actually went through orthodontic treatment twice, in his teens to straighten his teeth and broaden his smile and again as an adult to correct a midline discrepancy that was still apparent in photographs. His smile is obviously something he is very aware of and very important to him.
Thanksgiving is celebrated with feasts and football games and the start of the Christmas shopping season, Thanksgiving means roasted turkey, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, and green bean casserole with Campbells mushroom soup. No matter how you celebrate this momentous day, at Northeast Orthodontic Specialists, we want you to know we are thankful for all our wonderful patients we treat throughout the year. We wouldn’t be here without you! To commemorate this traditional holiday, we would like to share some fun trivia we thought you would enjoy! Feel free to add some fun facts of your own in the comment area.Read More
After orthodontic treatment is completed at Northeast Orthodontic Spcialists, retainers are the finishing touch to maintain your beautiful new smile while the teeth stabilize and over a lifetime of good oral health.
An orthodontic retainer is a custom-fit device that is removable or bonded depending upon the patient’s individual needs. It is your insurance policy your teeth stay put in their new positions if worn as instructed.
How Long Do I Need to Wear Retainers?